tarquin_wiggins_ltd Build, repair and maintain pipe organs
shadow_btm

Details




previous | next

St Andrew's Church, Leytonstone

Lewis & Co Ltd, 1914, 3 manual and pedals,
electro-pneumatic action



The main breakdown bellows has recently been restored and this is the first part of a phased restoration of all the bellows within the organ.

As part of this contract, we felt for historic reasons, that it was important to retain the three attached feeders. These still have their iron likages connecting them to the off-set main shaft and the original cogged wheel, which was ultimately connected via a belt to the steam engine. The engine was of course removed many years ago, but this Victorian mechanism is very interesting to view.